Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wedding Dress Day #1

Ok. Obviously I know that choosing your wedding dress 3 years out is not a good idea. Styles can change, and so can your body. But since my mom was visiting we decided that it wasn't a bad idea to get some idea about what KIND of dress I want. Especially since we have no idea when I will get to go home to Seattle to try on some more with her and whoever else gets to tag along ;)

I went into it very specific like. If at all possible Josh and I would like a beach wedding, or at least by the water. Water is a huge part of both of our lives, and we miss it so in Arizona. Rain is a blessing here :)

Soooooo that means I would like a flowy type dress, grecian maybe. Simple, not crazy! Definitely no princess dresses! I can't stand the frou frou ness of it all!

So here are my top 5 so far! (Featuring my photo and the link to the professional one from Davids' Bridal.com)

Dress # 5 - Not my top choice, because I'm not sure it's very flattering in the chest. But the floral pattern (that to the naked eye on the hanger but gawdawful!), is actually quite pretty on.


Click here for Dress # 5.

Dress # 4 - Definitely fits the "grecian" style. Not crazy about the shoulder straps, but this was the first one that I tried on that I actually liked!



Click here for Dress # 4.

Dress # 3 - This one didn't seem like much. I told our (completely kickarse!) dress consultant that I thought it was too plain, Genius that she is, went over and grabbed a mans cummerbund, wrapped it around my waist and BAM! Gorgeous! I love the idea of having a splash of color!

Plus the bonus is that looking at all the reviews online, a lot of curvy girls have worn this one and felt gorgeous in it too. I know I would.


Click here for Dress # 3.

Dress # 2 - GOR.OR.OR.GEOUS! Katelyn my consultant told me that I absolutely must try this one on, It's her favorite and since she can't go wrong, I decided to trust her. I'm glad that I did. The back is beautiful, the way the train comes down. And you will have to click on the photo so that you can accurately see the design on the front.



Click here for Dress # 2.

AND MY FAVORITE!!!

Dress # 1 - Trying to choose between Dress 2 and this one was hard, if I had to pick a favorite. But this one sticks out in my mind. I love the bodice. Definitely want a wedding dress that is styled close to this one!



Click here for the best one!

So yah, there ya go!

Loves, Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment